- 2005 MFA Sculpture: School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- 2000 BFA Painting: Columbus College of Art and Design
- SOLO EXHIBITIONS
- 2016 SPECTRAL EVIDENCE, Stellan Holm Gallery, New York City, NY
- 2015 OPEN ENDED, Transmitter, Brooklyn, NY.
- 2008 APATHY, Shiraya Art Space, Tokyo Japan
- 2001 FOR THE TIME BEING, Ohio Art League, Columbus, OH
- GROUP EHIBITIONS
- 2017 YELLOW CHAIR, David & Schweitzer contemporary, Brooklyn, NY
- DECONSTRUCTED Terrault Gallery , Baltimore MD
- TRANSCENDENCE OF US, Trans-cen-der space, Brooklyn NY
- 2016 THIS STRANGE GAME, Landmark Arts Building, Chelsea, NY
- STONE SOUP NASTY, Orgy Park, Brooklyn, New York, NY
- COLD SUMMER, Curated by Peter Shear, The Provincial, Chief, Michigan
- "TIKI" Helper Gallery, NADA art fair, Miami FL
- 2014 BRUTE MODERATES, with Peter Shear, Firework Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
- BROOKLYN BRIDGE, Curated by Justine Frischmann.George Lawson Gallery. SF, CA
- SUDDENLY THERE, Garis and Hahn, Bowery NYC
- DO IT YOURSELF, Curated by Julie Torres / Julia Schwartz B.O.S. Brooklyn NY
- LOOK & LISTEN, Curated by Yifat Gat. Espace Art / Galerie & Ateliers. Marseille France
- SORRY I"M LATE, Brooklyn Fireproof. Brooklyn NY.
- 2013 WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU, Parallel Art space, Brooklyn, NY
- DONUT MUFFIN Dorsky Gallery, Long Island City, NYC
- 2012 ART BLOG "LOVE", One River Gallery, Englewood NJ
- BUSHWICK BASEL, Jules de Balincourt Studio, Brooklyn NY.
- ALTER MINIMAL, Lexicon Series Vol. 1, Parallel Art Space, Brooklyn, NY
- HIATUS, Urban Institute For Contemporary Art, Grand Rapids, MI
- 2011 I CAN"T GO ON I MUST GO ON, Tempus Projects, Tampa, FL.
- VIS -A -VIS, Backyard Projects- New York, NY
- NEITHER A BEGINNING OR END, Possible Projects, Philadelphia, PA
- 2010 A VAUGE WHOLE, Spaces, with Benjamin Bellas and Steffani Jemison Cleveland, OH
- 2009 i.e. ARTIST COLLECTIVE, University of Green Bay, WI
- i.e. ARTIST COLLECTIVE, Boots Contemporary, St. Louis, MO
- 2008 FLAT BLACK , Zaim Space, Yokohama, Japan.
- i.e.llusions, Alogon Gallery, Chicago, IL
- 2007 i.e. BETWEEN, Harold Washington College, Chicago, IL
- SPLIT ENDS, with Julie Curtiss, Youkobo Art Space, Tokyo, Japan
- DEAS ENDS, with julie Curtiss, Youkobo Art Space in “Show Case”, ZAIM, Yokohama, Japan
- i.e.ILLUSION, 1a Space Gallery, Hong Kong
- 2006 STREAMING FESTIVAL, The Hague, Netherlands
- “THE HAPPINESS I SEEK” The Suburban, Chicago, IL.
- AMORPH, International Performance Art Festival, Helsinki, Finland
- JUSTIN COOPER'S MIDDLE MANAGEMENT, collaborative performance, Monique Meloche, Chicago, IL.
- WORKING FRAMEWORKS, Cornell University, Columbia College
- i.e. PERESENTS: EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE, The Gallery Upstairs, Columbus, OH.
- PATHETISIZE, Open End Gallery, Chicago, IL.
- 2005 EXPERIMENT500, Gallery 400, UIC Chicago, IL.
- ALCHEMY, Betty Rymer Gallery, Chicago, IL
- This, This, This, This, This, This, This, & This, G2 Gallery, Chicago, IL
- 2004 EXTENDED FAMILY, PUBLIC O, Cincinnati, OH
- CROSSING PATHS , University of Cincinnati DAAP Gallery, OH.
- 2002 SPRING JURIED EXHIBITION, Columbus Museum of Art, Columbus, OH.
- PLAY Louisville Actors Theater, Humana Festival, Louisville, KY
- 2001 GROUPS Swanson Crawley Gallery- Louisville, KY
- BIZZARE /OBVIOUS, Columbus Cultural Arts Center, Columbus, OH.
- 2000 SPRING JURIED EXHIBITION, Columbus Museum of Art, Curated by Artist David Reed
- 2017 maake magazine issue six
- 2016 Grid Modorcea, “Corespondenţă de la New York”, Jurnalul Bucureştiului, July
Grid Modorcea, Revista Agero Stuttgart, “Specific si Universalitate” July
- 2015 Paul Corio, “Seen in New York” Henri Art Magazine, January
Paul D’Agostino,” Syntheses & Threes” The L Magazine, January
Kaoru Yanase, “New York Art scene go to’s” Artscape Japan, January
- 2014 http://www.gorkysgranddaughter.com/2013/05/clinton-king-april-2013.html
- 2013 Tatiana Berg, “LOVE” Art Pulse Magazine no.14 volume
Two coats of paint, “The Donut Muffin” March
- 2012 Painter's Bread Online, “Clinton King interview” Wednesday, June 6th
Alissa Guzman, “Bushwick Basel, a very small art fair” Hyperallergic online, June 4th
- 2010 M.Grabner, PF Press,”Can I Come Over to Your House?” Ten years at the Suburban.
- 2007 Wong, Kevin, “i.e. illusion.” South China Morning Post: September 28th
- 2006 Bad at Sports Podcast: Contemporary Art Talk Episodes: 19, 29, 30.
- 2002 Jeanne Fryer Kohles, Visual arts “Guys” The Columbus Dispatch, June 9th
Diane Heilenman, “Play’s the thing” Louisville Courier-Journal, March 31st
- 2001 Cathrine Spaeth, “See America first” New Art Examiner, December
Jesse Will, “Midwest reviews” Dialogue Magazine, October.
- 2000 Josie Rubio, “A different kind of art show” Columbus Monthly, December
Melissa Starker, “Wall and floor of sound” Columbus Alive, August
- AWARDS / RESIDENCIES
- 2014 Yaddo Artist’s Retreat, Saratoga Springs, New York
- 06-08 Artist in residency Youkobo Art Space, Tokyo Japan
- 2007 American Artists in residence grant, 1-a space Hong Kong
- 2005 Grant Recipient, Make a difference day. Pomerene Center for the Arts, OH
- 2002 Gallery V Award, Columbus Museum of Art
- 1999 Kornacker/ Honton Award, Ohio Art League
- WORKS AVAILABLE
- ARTSY https://www.artsy.net/artist/clinton-king
- Flat file https://flatfile.net
- Pierogi gallery https://flatfiles.pierogi2000.com/artist/clinton-king
- Twyla prints https://www.twyla.com/artists/clinton-king